• TUSCULUM COLLEGIATE AND PRO Showcase Baseball Camp will be held Nov. 3-4 on the Greeneville campus. The cost is $175 with a deposit of $50 if received by Oct. 29 and $195 with a $50 deposit after that date.= For more information, contact coach Brandon Steele at (423) 636-7300, ext. 5615, or go online at tusculumpioneers.com and click the Baseball tab.
• CARSON-NEWMAN BASEBALL Elite Catching Camp, for seventh-graders through high-schoolers, will be held Nov. 10-11, from 9 a.m.-2 p.m., on the school’s Jefferson City campus. Cost is $200. To register or to learn more, visit totalcamps.com/carsonnewmanbaseball or call (865) 471-3526 or email Mark Allen Bounds at email@example.com or Brandon Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CARSON-NEWMAN BASEBALL Pitching Camp, for 2019-21 graduates, will be held Nov. 10, fro, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., on the school’s Jefferson City campus. Cost is $150. To register or to learn more, go online at totalcamps.com/carsonnewmanbaseball or call (865) 471-3526 or email Mark Allen Bounds at email@example.com or Brandon Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CARSON-NEWMAN BASEBALL Winter Prospect Camp, for 2019-21 graduates, will be held Dec. 1, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., on the school’s Jefferson City campus. Cost is $150. To register or to learn more, go online at totalcamps.com/carsonnewmanbaseball or call (865) 471-3526 or email Mark Allen Bounds at email@example.com or Brandon Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• PITCHING LESSONS, for individuals and teams ages 9-14, are being offered by David Hoover, former pitching coach at Dobyns-Bennett and Daniel Boone. Call (423) 578-3427 for details.
• CARSON-NEWMAN CHRISTMAS Basketball Camp, for boys and girls grades 3-12, will be held Dec. 20-21, from 9-11:30 a.m., on the campus in Jefferson City. Cost of the camp, which will be run by Eagles assistant coach, Shane Williams, is $500. To register or for more information, contact Williams at (423) 943-3037 or email@example.com.
• COLONIAL HEIGHTS ATHLETIC COMMISSION is registering for youth basketball, age divisions 4-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11-13. Deadline to sign up is Nov. 11. Go online at chacsports.leagueapps.com.
• SHOOTING STARS FALL Tip-Off Classic for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Nov. 3-4 at Science Hill. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SHOOTING STARS BLUE CHIP Basketball Fall Classic, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Nov. 16-18 at Carver Rec Center in Johnson City. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• SHOOTING STARS THANKSGIVING Hoops Invitational, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Nov. 23-25. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MAJ. STEPHEN T. SHARAR Run for the Dogs 5K, hosted by the Student Veterans Association at East Tennessee State and Mountain Empire Chapter of the Military Officers Association of America, will be held Saturday, Oct. 20 on the campus of ETSU. Check-in starts at 9 a.m., followed by the race at 10 a.m.; runners are encouraged to bring their dogs. All proceeds from the event will benefit the “Puppies Behind Bars” program, which places professionally trained dogs with combat veterans returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan who have suffered a physical injury, including traumatic brain injury or post-traumatic stress disorder. Register online at active.com (search “Run for the Dogs”). Entry fee for students and veterans is $20; general admission is $25 for early registration and $30 the day of the race. For more information, call (423) 202-8162 or email email@example.com.
• FOURTH SCARECROW SKEDADDLE & Shindig, hosted by Niswonger Children’s Hospital, will be held Sunday, Oct. 21, starting at 2 p.m., at Founders Park in Johnson City. The event features a 5K race, a 1-mile fun run and a 200-meter modified race that accommodates children who might otherwise not participate in traditional runs. A post-race shindig, including agility challenges, dancing and educational and health-related booths for children and their families, will take place at the park’s amphitheater or pavilion. Cost is $10 per person. To learn more or register for the event, please go online at thegoosechase.org/scarecrow-skedaddle.
• 38th WOMEN’S TURKEY TROT Run/Walk 5K, hosted by YWCA Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, is set for Saturday, Nov. 17 in Bristol, Tenn. Both the run and walk will begin at 8 a.m. on State Street near the historic Bristol sign and end in the YWCA parking lot. All race proceeds benefit the health and wellness programs of the YWCA’s Women’s Fitness Center. Preregistration cost is $25; race-day entry fee is $30. Registration forms may be picked up at YWCA, 106 State Street, or participants can register online at athlinks.com. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 968-9444.
• LINCOLN MEMORIAL SOFTBALL team will hold a prospect camp for ninth- through 12th-graders from noon-4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 3 at Dorothy Neely Field on the university’s Harrogate campus. Cost is $125 per camper and preregistration is required. Go online at lmurailsplitters.com and click the Softball page.
• FALL YOUTH TENNIS CLINIC, presented by the Bristol Parks and Recreation Department and King University, will be conducted at the Ida Stone Jones Tennis Complex on Alabama Street in Bristol, Tenn. Elementary school sessions, for grades 3-6, will be held Mondays, beginning Oct. 15, from 6-7:30 p.m. Middle and high school sessions, for grades 7-12, will be Wednesdays, beginning Oct. 17. Preregistration is required. Go online at bristoltn.recdesk.com or contact Mike Musick of the Parks & Rec at (423) 764-4023 or email@example.com.
• YWCA OF NORTHEAST TENNESSEE and Southwest Virginia is offering a volleyball league for co-ed quad teams. Play, which will be held on Thursday evenings, will begin Nov. 9. Cost is $25 per player; team registration deadline is Monday, Nov. 6. Call the Y at (423) 968-9444 or email Patty Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Anyone interested in playing pickle ball also may contact Bailey.