• TUSCULUM COLLEGIATE AND PRO Showcase Baseball Camp will be held Nov. 3-4 on the Greeneville campus. The cost is $175 with a deposit of $50 if received by Oct. 29 and $195 with a $50 deposit after that date. Contact coach Brandon Steele at (423) 636-7300, ext. 5615, or go online at tusculumpioneers.com and click the Baseball tab.
• PITCHING LESSONS, for individuals and teams ages 9-14, are being offered by David Hoover, former pitching coach at Dobyns-Bennett and Daniel Boone. Call (423) 578-3427 for details.
• COLONIAL HEIGHTS ATHLETIC COMMISSION is registering for youth basketball, age divisions 4-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11-13 through Nov. 11. Go online at chacsports.leagueapps.com.
• SHOOTING STARS FALL Tip-Off Classic for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Nov. 3-4 at Science Hill. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• SHOOTING STARS BLUE CHIP Basketball Fall Classic, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Nov. 16-18 at Carver Rec Center in Johnson City. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SHOOTING STARS THANKSGIVING Hoops Invitational, for boys and girls grades 3-7, will be held Nov. 23-25. Entry fee is $80. Call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• TRAILBLAZER GOLF SCRAMBLE, benefiting the Daniel Boone golf team, is set for Saturday, Oct. 6 at Graysburg Hills in Chuckey. Cost for the four-person select-shot event is $55 per player. Sign-in is at 7 a.m. followed by an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Sponsorship signs are available for $100 each. Call Scott Martin at 737-6128.
• DAVID GARDNER BENEFIT Golf Tournament will be held Saturday, Oct. 6 at Ridgefields in Kingsport. The event, with four-person teams, will begin with a 9 a.m. shotgun start. Cost is $75 per player. Call the club at (423) 392-8373.
• FIFTH CARL KNOX MEMORIAL Golf Classic will be held Saturday, Oct. 13 at Tri-Cities Golf Club in Blountville. The event, which benefits Cedar View Christian School, will begin with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Cost is $60 per player or $240 per team. Call (423) 245-6341.
• EASTMAN RECREATION women’s and mixed (six-person) volleyball leagues are now forming. All play will be on Mondays. Practice begins Sept. 17 and the season begins Oct. 15 at the V.O. Dobbins and Lynn View community centers. Entry fee is $100 per team. Those interested in organizing a team should call Jack Henry at 384-1765 or the Eastman Recreation Office at 229-3771. A managers’ meeting will be held Thursday, Oct. 4 at 5:30 p.m. in B-310. Rosters and entry fee should be submitted by that date. Go online at eastmanrecreationclub.com.
• YWCA OF NORTHEAST TENNESSEE and Southwest Virginia is offering a volleyball league for co-ed quad teams. Play, held on Thursday evenings, will begin Nov. 9. Cost is $25 per player; team registration deadline is Monday, Nov. 6. Call the Y at (423) 968-9444 or email Patty Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Anyone interested in playing pickle ball also may contact Bailey.